Binsted Nursery are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to provide daily direction and supervision of the nursery maintenance team. Reporting to the Assistant General Manager you will be responsible for planning and managing the day to day operations of the maintenance team to provide preventative, emergency and general maintenance to the business in an efficient manner. Ensuring all facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe working condition. Maintain and update equipment maintenance registers and maintenance work programme. Dealing with outside contractors to provide maintenance services outside the scope of the maintenance teams. Carrying out risk assessments, create method statements for work activity and ensuring all Health and Safety standards are upheld for all maintenance operations both by own staff and outside contractors
Key Skills Required
- Good organisational skills with the ability to keep a number of tasks live at any one time
- Good practical skills – mechanical, electrical, general building, plumbing etc
- Computer literate especially in Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to create and manipulate data
- Current valid driving licence
- Valid forklift licence would be an advantage but training could be provided
- Health and Safety trained, IOSH or similar
- Logical and methodical with good attention to detail
- A good leader, communicator and motivator of people
- Literate, numerate and accurate
The role combines the need to be ‘hands on’ in order to assist in achieving tasks and an amount of planning and office-based work updating records and systems, planning, investigating solutions and contacting suppliers and contractors. This is a full time permanent position.
All permanent members of staff could receive up to £1000 in additional benefits each year, for example, branded Staff clothing, holiday and bereavement allowances, new parent voucher, refreshments, life assurance, Christmas and Summer parties and much, much more.
Salary: £26,161.00-£29,426.28 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.